Hi,

Currently, I am starting a Child activity from a Parent activity in
the following manner:

public class Parent extends Activity {

       private int message;
       public Parent()
        {
              message = 0;
         }

        @Override
                super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
                 //Start child activity
                Intent child = new Intent(Parent.this,Child.class);
                startActivityForResult(child, 1);
        }
}

Is there a way to communicate the message member variable from the
Parent activity to the Child activity? I'm not creating any Child
objects above, so I'm confused as to how one is supposed to send
messages from the Parent  to the Child activities. Any suggestions?

Thanks,