I am coding for Android, but since it uses java based language I guess
here is the right place to post. I think that this is either a bug in
java or I can`t manage to do something wright.

Here is the code snippet
URL url;
                HttpURLConnection conn = null;
                try {
                        url = new URL("http://mtel.bg/sms/send_sms.php";);
                        conn = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
                }catch (MalformedURLException e1) {

                }catch (IOException e) {

                }

                // Set the Browser Agent
                conn.setInstanceFollowRedirects(false);
                try {
                        Log.d("DEBUGTAG", Integer.toString(
conn.getResponseCode() ));
                } catch (IOException e1) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e1.printStackTrace();
                }

        StringBuilder buffer = new StringBuilder("");

        BufferedReader in = null;
        InputStreamReader deni = null;
        try{
                Log.d("DEBUGTAG", "Lenght:" +conn.getContentLength());
                deni = new InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream());
                in = new BufferedReader( deni );

                String inputLine;
                while((inputLine = in.readLine()) != null){
                        buffer.append(inputLine);
                }

                deni.close();
                in.close();
                conn.disconnect();

        }catch (Exception e) {
                Log.d("DEBUGTAG", "exception");
                }finally{

                                try {
                                        if( deni != null)       deni.close();
                                        if( in != null) in.close();
                                } catch (IOException e) {
                                        Log.d("DEBUGTAG", "exception");
                                }

                                conn.disconnect();
                }
        Log.d("DEBUGTAG", buffer.toString());

        url = null;
        conn = null;

                try {
                        url = new URL("http://mtel.bg/sms/send_sms.php";);
                        conn = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
                }catch (MalformedURLException e1) {

                }catch (IOException e) {

                }
                conn.setUseCaches(true);
                // Set the Browser Agent
                conn.setInstanceFollowRedirects(true);
                try {
                        Log.d("DEBUGTAG", Integer.toString(
conn.getResponseCode() ));
                } catch (IOException e1) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e1.printStackTrace();
                }

                Log.d("DEBUGTAG", "Lenght:" +conn.getContentLength());
         buffer = new StringBuilder("");

        try{
                //BufferedReader in;

                in = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader
(conn.getInputStream()) );

                String inputLine;
                while((inputLine = in.readLine()) != null){
                        buffer.append(inputLine);
                }

                conn.disconnect();
                in.close();
        }catch (Exception e) {

                }

Where is the problem? I am connecting to http://mtel.bg/sms/send_sms.php
with conn.setInstanceFollowRedirects(false); because I want to read
some cookies and this pages redirects to another with HTTP code 302,
but since setInstanceFollowRedirects is false, there is no redirection
and the page is blank. The ContentLength is 0, but I am trying to read
the page. I get no error here in = new BufferedReader( new
InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream()) ); . Until now everything is
ok.

But here comes the problem. After I try to read the page again with
conn.setInstanceFollowRedirects(true); , I get ContentLenght -1 and no
output.

The strange thing is that if I call System.gc(); before opening the
second page, there is no problem, but I don`t want to call System.gc
();

Could you please tell me where the problem is? I am trying different
things to debug, but nothing :(

I posted the topic first at sun`s java forums -
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5415660&tstart=0

Thanks!