And example for what? You haven't clarified how you're using your layouts or
what you're actually trying to do.
Have you read the section on
menus<http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/menus.html#options-menu>in
the developer's guide? It explains creating the menu and modifying it
with onPrepareOptionsMenu().

Also, please reply to the group so anyone else that can help can chime in
and anyone with a similar question can benefit from any answers posted.

TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices
http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking