I am trying to consume the http response from a server that generated
the payload via java.beans.XMLEncoder.  Unfortunately, there is no
corresponding XMLDecoder in Android so I am sitting here staring at
perfectly valid XML (although ugly) wondering how I can deserialize it
back into the ArrayList of Objects that produced it in the first
place.  The beans in the ArrayList are trivial and do not contain any
complex data types.  Also, the ArrayList is regulated to contain at
most ten of these simple beans.

What is the preferred approach to process this XML stream in Android?

Peace,
Scott