Hi,

I am working on an application that needs to get the last know GPS
location, if there is one, from the GPS provider. It is not however
allowed to start the GPS radio and nor does it want any updates.

It will log locations every 30 minutes to a database and requests
information from the network provider as well as the GPS provider. If
one, or both, is unavailable it will write nulls to the database.

My problem is that I don't seem to find a way to retrieve any
locations from the GPS provider using the getLatestKnowsLocation
method unless the process where my application is running have
registered it self as a LocationListener with the GPS provider. This
in turn turns the GPS radio on, which I can't do.

The application that is doing this is not directly associated with
(inheriting from) Service or Activity or anything else out of the
android.app package but instantiated on it's own thread by a service.

If anyone have any ideas on how to solve this it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards
Tomas Malmsten
www.mashmobile.com