On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 00:52, Artem - WorkSmart Labs <p.ar...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, Dianne, they are using Advanced Task Killers, and I fully share
> your sentiment for those apps -- it makes our app look evil, even when
> it's trying to behave very well :)

And what about asking / helping task managers developers to improve their
apps, so that they show more relevant (and understandable) information ?
So that users can easily know which apps are still in memory, but also which
ones are not  doing anything and will be purged by the system when needed.

Sorry if I still misunderstand, but I admit I am still not completely at
clear about how the system exactly manages memory/processes, regarding exact
priorities of what it will kill first. Where is it detailed in the docs ?

-> when will it decide to purge a stopped activity, or background processes
? I can often see background processes killed, but it looks like (not really
sure) there still was some inactive activities in memory. Though I guess
that for exemple an application such as the one discussed in this thread
probably has the best priority for being killed ?