I have an app that uses People provider.
This is deprecated in version 2.0.

I have built my application against API1.6 and set
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="4" />

Everything was fine until I wanted to run the app on Android 2.0. Not
only is People deprecated it actually doesn't even work!

So, I have changed the API I'm compiling against API2.0 and do the OS
version check in my code and use People provider or ContactsContract
accordingly.
I still keep
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="4" />
so I can target 1.6 devices.

Now when I want to debug in Eclipse it insists on running it on 2.0
emulator. How can I tell Eclipse that I really want to debug on 1.6
emulator?

I have installed my APK on 1.6 emulator via the browser. It installed
fine, but when I want to use People provider it crashes. I need to be
able to debug it.

So Google, what is the official way to support both People provider as
well as ContactsContract provider?

1. What should this be set to?:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="4" />

2. What API should I be compiling my project against?

3. How can I debug on 1.6 emulator?

4. What devices will see such application on the Market?

Thanks.