Hello All,
I have a simple device, not developed by me, that uses SPP to send out
a simple 55 byte data packet once every second.  The device accepts no
communication other than any needed for pairing/connection.  Once it
has been connected it is supposed to start sending the 1Hz packets
out.

I can pair the device just fine, but have yet to be able to establish
a connection.  If I try setting up a BluetoothSocket using the connect
() method, it fails with an error related to services, i.e. no known
services are on the device.  I figure this isn't a big deal, as connect
() appears to be only for the outgoing data, but then I try to listen
using   BluetoothServerSocket::listenUsingRfcommWithServiceRecord()
but get nothing.  It seems that I should need to actively do something
to establish the connection, but don't see anything in the javadocs
that look liek what I think I need.  I just want to connect the device
and start catching the packets so I can move on to coding the real
application.
Fred