You might also want to run a method trace around your network activity
to see where the most processing time is spent.  The results you get
wont be in actual time, but a relative time just because method
tracing is slow.

Just wrap you code with a start and stop calls, and make sure to have
the writing to external storage permission in your manifest.

    // start tracing to "/sdcard/calc.trace"
    Debug.startMethodTracing("calc");
    // ...
    // stop tracing
    Debug.stopMethodTracing();