Hi all. I'm developing an app where I want to play a regular sound
clip, like for example when a ball bounces or a rocket fires, small
wav files which are called repeatedly.

I have been using the android.media.SoundPool class  - but this has
known issues and after a few runs it locks up the application. As far
as I can tell from my research, this has not been fixed, which is
really frustrating as it's been the case since 1.5.

What other options do I have? There are plenty of games on the market
which use sound, so there must be something out there!