Thanks String for your reply, I have indeed changed my approach there
and I am sending everything I need for my activity as Extras in the
intent. Still I find it a bit strange that the process gets killed
right after I exit the activity, it happens quite often and I do not
see on the log the same happening(with that frequency) to other apps
and services running on my phone.

Could my code somehow cause this???

Thanks,
Alberto