Nope, you can support both.

When you define your layout in the xml files it will allow it to be
displayed in both portrait and landscape. You can also define special
layouts for landscape if you like.

Take a good look at the notepad tutorial in the developer docs and you
can see how it changes to landscape in the emulator by pressing
<ctrl>+F11.

Have fun :)