I believe that maxsdkversion has already been or is in the process of
being depreciated, meaning the market no longer looks at that tag in
the manifest.  Which makes sense because if the OS updated to a newer
version but not all the apps did, they would dissapear in the market
to that user, despite the fact that most would still work perfectly
fine.

-theSmith