On Jan 20, 10:04 am, Gregg Reno <gregg.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A while back, I released an app targeted for 1.6.  I got reports that
> it wouldn't run under 2.0, so I created a 2.0 specific version and
> released it to the market as well. This was tested using only the
> emulator since I don't have a 2.0 phone.
>
> The problem is, my G1 phone is running 1.6, and can't search the
> market for my 2.0 version of the app.  That means I can't read any
> user comments for the 2.0 version.  Very frustrating!
>
> Any suggestions?  Yet another reason why Google needs a web front end
> to the android market.
>
> And yes, I looked into building one version of the app that targets
> 1.6 but supports 2.0, but it wasn't possible due to the way accessing
> contacts was changed in 2.0.

You could do this in one app if you have a minsdkversion of 1.6 and
target 2.x and just check it durring the actual execution of your
application if the version is 2.0 or higher, then call the appropriate
contact function for that version.  Your app will run fine as long as
you don't call api functions that don't exist.

-theSmith