> This means we cannot use ListActivity & ExpandableListActivit at the
> same in one tab activity.

Presumably not, if your analysis is correct, and I suspect it is.

To get the visual effect you want, use ListView and ExpandableListView as
the contents of the tabs, not activities. Then, you can provide them with
unique widget IDs. You will save memory, save CPU time, save battery life,
reduce the odds that you will encounter a StackOverflowException for
having too complicated of a UI, and solve this problem, all at the same
time.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com