I'm still working only on the emulator, but I am seeing some unexpected behavior when using an Intent to take a picture via MediaAction.ImageCapture. At first, I thought everything was working as I wished: from my application, control was transferred to the Camera application, which allowed me to take a picture, review it, and then control transferred back to my original application. I did notice that the picture taken seemed to be the same regardless of how long I waited, and since the 2.1 emulator has a moving block in the picture stream, that seemed odd. The block should have been in a different location depending on when I took the picture.

After adding more logging, it appears that the picture is being taken immediately, but control doesn't transfer back to my application, it stays in the camera, until I've taken another picture and accepted it.

I would prefer the first behavior, put the user in Camera mode, let them take and review the picture, and then return to my application.

Has anyone else dealt with this in a way other than writing your own camera app? I know that there is also an outstanding issue having to do with image size, but I'm hoping by the time I'm finished with the rest of my application, some of the Intent/MediaAction stuff will have been resolved, like picture resolution.

Thanks,
 Ray