Did anyone figure this out? I have the same issue.
Additionally, I have a spinner backed by a cursor and its not
guaranteed that the selected item is still in the database when
restoring. I've been thinking along the lines of scanning the cursor
to find the previous selected item, but haven't found a nice way to do
it yet.