Adding to my email below, let me share with you what I am trying to do
and the results I get:-

List<Address> wfList = gc.getFromLocationName(sb.toString(),5 )
where sb contains the address " Whole Foods, Los Gatos, CA".  what I
was expecting from above was a list of address of whole food locations
in this area.

However the wfList returns a size 0. This is a well formed address and
I was expecting it to work. Examples given for this method
( getFromLocationName)  gives the impression that partial address like
the above should work -like "Dalvik, Iceland", an address such as
"1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA", an airport code such
as "SFO", etc.. but it is not the case :-(.

Maybe I  am doing something wrong and I need to get out  of the
woods !. Any clues !!