Hi,
The basic list that I want to view is working.

In my first list activity(ListDemoActivity), I choosed some element, which
triggers another list A activity. If I go back (on pressing "BACK" key), the
state of ListDemoActivity screen is preserved. Now If I select the same
element again, I expect the state of A activity to be preserved aswell, but
its not happening.

Below is the code snippet, Can you please suggest me what I need to do?

public class ListDemoActivity extends ListActivity {
    String[] firstPage = {"a", "b", "c", "d", "e"};
    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);

        setListAdapter(new ArrayAdapter<String>(this,
                        android.R.layout.simple_list_item_1,
                        firstPage));

    }

    public void onListItemClick(ListView parent, View v,
                                int position, long id)
    {
        String txt = firstPage[position];
        if ((txt == "a") ||
            (txt == "b"))
        {
            Intent startActivity = new Intent(this, Activity_A.class);
            startActivity.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);

            startActivity(startActivity);
        }
        else
        {
            Intent startActivity = new Intent(this, Activity_B.class);