It doesn't work for me, either, but I've got to get my daughter to bed
so can't look at it in detail at the moment. (I *will* have to tackle
this shortly, however, to get my own product out the door!)

One thing to keep in mind: Once an ant property is set, it can NEVER,
EVER be changed.

(There are some add-on tasks available to modify that, but that's very
much outside the model and intent for ant. Not one I entirely agree
with, but important to understand).

Anyway, keep in mind that in ant, "first definition wins".

Let us know if you find the solution/answer before I do.