It seems you have quite unrealistic expectations of the community, and
aren't even willing to help yourself.

Let's see here:

1) Your sysadmins block direct web access to the Internet

2) You route your web requests through some unknown piece of software
using one of several protocols to forward your requests,

and

3) You expect the community to fix it all up for you? Who's being
selfish?

I have a solution for you: stop blaming the community. We can't help
you with any of that.  Talk to your sysadmins. They CAN help you.

They may not be willing to. That doesn't make them the bad guys,
either; I don't know their situation.

But at least the have all the facts available to them, and access to
investigate and fix.

Finally: it would take you all of 2 minutes to look at repository.xml,
and choose the download URL you want from that file. Just replace
'repository.xml' with the appropriate <sdk:url>...</sdk:url> value.

If you want to help yourself -- go home, or to a public library or a
coffee shop or something, and download it onto a USB key.

I think I can safely speak for the community, when I say the community
doesn't like being flamed for things that are not the community's
fault.

On the other hand -- if, in the course of your investigations, you
have SPECIFIC questions, with sufficient context, we're still glad to
answer. The community doesn't hold grudges, much.