For those of us who are looking for a solutiion.

c is the context
EditText et=new EditText(c);

        et.setId(2);
        et.setLayoutParams(new LayoutParams(300,LayoutParams.WRAP_CONTENT));
        //et.setEnabled(false);
        et.setFocusable(false);
        et.setMaxHeight(100);
        et.setClickable(true);
        et.setPadding(5, 5, 5, 5);
        et.setText("I just finished reading Michale Circhton novel"+
         " The Time and I highly recommend this book to everyone and"+
          "you can find a copy in our library");
    //    et.setTextColor(11000);
        //et.setTextColor(new ColorStateList(states., colors))
        et.setTextColor(cl);
        et.setMovementMethod(LinkMovementMethod.getInstance());

        Spannable str = et.getText();

        // Create our span sections, and assign a format to each.
        str.setSpan(new StyleSpan(android.graphics.Typeface.BOLD_ITALIC), 0,
7, Spannable.SPAN_EXCLUSIVE_EXCLUSIVE);
        str.setSpan(new BackgroundColorSpan(0xFFFFFF00), 8, 19,
Spannable.SPAN_EXCLUSIVE_EXCLUSIVE);
        str.setSpan(new ClickableSpan() {

            @Override
            public void onClick(View widget) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                //showDialog("hello");
                Log.v("MyService", "SEN ===>>>>onClick sxcalled  sdas");
                c.startActivity(new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse("
http://www.facebook.com";)));

            }
        },  21, str.length() - 1, Spannable.SPAN_EXCLUSIVE_EXCLUSIVE);