Hello, Lipinski!

I'm very glad that my advise helps you :)

As for your question about Menu orientation: actually Menu
construction doesn't provide orientation, so I think it would use
orientation of activity that it belongs to. It's my opinion on this
question. But I didn't dig it this direction. Maybe there are some API
to provide rotation of activity without set it as landscape, for
example:
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/hardware/SensorManager.html
(chapter remapCoordinateSystem() method)

Hope it helps!