While I can understand your opinion, I'll have to disagree.  See these
below links:

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/4.5.0api/net/rim/blackberry/api/mail/SendListener.html
http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/4.5.0api/net/rim/blackberry/api/mail/event/ViewListener.html

Maybe the insecurity you refer to comes from the core values of the
OS?  I don't know enough of Android to offer up an opinion, but I know
enough of the Blackberry OS to say that I've never heard of any
"malware" being installed that causes an issue, as there are avenues
of recourse and finding out who was directly responsible for anything
in the wild that was released.  As it is, the most "secure" OS allows
email interception (and, imho, for good reason), which directly
refutes the reason you put forth as the reason you are "grateful for
this".

An Anonymous Guy