Heya everyone,

This is a bit of an odd one and I'm hoping someone will be able to
help me out so I don't have to be done away with the focusing.

2 different cases.

Case 1:

I have a list of elements and the user can click on the items view and
perform tasks. I'm happy using xml to define the drawables to be used
for each state in a list selector. however I have a listview where the
items at the top and bottom have rounded corners and the items in the
middle are just strait rectangles. All have a slight drop shadow
around the edge.

Now the problem is I want to color the list item only inside the drop
shadow, not the whole background. But what this means is I need to set
a different list selector for the top, middle and bottom list items,
that or I would rather handle the focusing and pressed states directly
by each list item.

However I've tried using a couple of things and can't seem to get
anywhere.

Does anyone know if the count position of the item in the list can be
used in the list selector or if its possible to handle the states by
the item itself?

Case 2:

I have a settings section where I would rather focusing were applied
to checkboxes inside the list items, is this possible? I tried setting
the listview to not be focusable but had no luck.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Cheers,
Matt