I just read your "final draft" document and I have a strong criticism
as to the wording.

A petition like this is supposed to garner support for your ideas, not
alienate the very people who it's aimed at. The preamble of this
document is too negative, accusatory and essentially would derail the
very purpose. As far as I can see, dropping it completely would be
better than including any of that wording. Many of the "demands"
listed have the same negative tone. I believe these would be counter
productive and lead to the Android people either ignoring it or even
worse, taking it in the wrong way.

I know for a fact that the Android team is aware of virtually every
short coming of the market, they are aware that developers are unhappy
with it and they know it needs improving. Rubbing this document into
the eyes of the Android team will do nothing for the cause except
widen the gap between the Android team and app developers.

A document such as this should be one that makes suggestions while
also pointing out the good aspects of the current market. You may have
heard the term "You can catch a lot more flies with honey instead of
vinegar." You might take this into consideration.

-John Coryat