Hi,

This is regarding few clarifications wrt Multi-APN support on Android
Eclair:

1. In GsmDataConnectionTracker.java under createAllPdpList(),
no. of PDP connections is represented by PDP_CONNECTION_POOL_SIZE and
its value is set to 1.
Does this mean that we can have only one PDP connection at one point
of time.

2. In ConnectivityService.java under setNetworkPreference(int
preference), its setting mNetworkPreference and calls
enforcePreference() func only when "preference" is valid and default.
I hope this means that when one default network (either wifi/mobile)
is connected and another default network tries to connect, then the
previous connected default network is teared down, as only one default
network is supported at a time.

USE-CASE: MMS app (using a non-default network) is sending mms and
simultaneoulsy browser tries to connect using default network. Here if
we consider the above behavior [2] then MMS app would not be
disconnected and both should work simultaneoulsly. Thus Multi-APN
could be supported.

But PDP_CONNECTION_POOL_SIZE [1] is set to 1, which hopefully should
allow only one PDP connection. Then in this case what should be the
behavior of above use-case as each PDP is associated to a single APN,
will it allow Multi-APN?

Please clarify

Thanks in advnace!