No problem.  Yeah if it was asking for a credit card, I'd hope that most
people would have known not to give it to them :-)

here's another link - i think this site was first to report it:

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/google-rewards-android-devs-with-free-phone-in-new-seeding-program/

<http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/google-rewards-android-devs-with-free-phone-in-new-seeding-program/>
-rob