Hi, I have a requirement to implement an Exit button in my Android
application. I don't really care about killing the activity stack, I
just want to have the same effect as pressing the Home button. So that
application state is saved and can be returned to. I've tried making a
call to ....

onKeyDown(KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HOME, new KeyEvent(0,
KeyEvent.KEYCODE_HOME));

But this doesn't accomplish anything, the PhoneWindowManager does not
get the key press...

I assume I need to launch an Intent with the right info, but I haven't
been able to figure out how that would be done.

Does anyone know how to do this ?

Thanks,
Erich