So you don't want the textfields to be editable by typing, only by
pressing the arrows?

Should be possible. The below code almost works. For some reason
whenever you click an arrow, it makes the corresponding text box
editable again. But if you hit an arrow on another textbox, then it
reverts back.
Please post the solution back so everyone can benefit if you use this.

-Mike dg
        DatePicker dp = (DatePicker)findViewById(R.id.DatePicker01);
        setDisabledTextViews(dp);

    private void setDisabledTextViews(ViewGroup dp) {
        for (int x = 0, n = dp.getChildCount(); x < n; x++) {
                View v = dp.getChildAt(x);

                if (v instanceof TextView) {
                        v.setEnabled(false);
                } else if (v instanceof ViewGroup) {