Hi,

I have android running on my target platform.
When its booting, as kernel boots , I see free memory around 53mb-55mb range
there till console.
( cat /proc/meminfo )

*Just after kernel boot...
*

MemTotal:          88792 kB
*MemFree:           53496 kB
*Buffers:               0 kB
*Cached:            24028 kB*
.
.
.

But once android services/apps starts and reach to idle screen, most of
memory cached
*Once reach to Idle screen*

MemTotal:          88792 kB
*MemFree:           23228 kB ( keep changing in range of 23mb to 27 mb )*
*
*Buffers:              44 kB
*Cached:            20700 kB ( keep changing 19mb-25mb )
*

After this, if there is memory request from app , it seems android manage to
get it from cached

As I start more and more apps, free mem decrease and cached mem increase but
after exit from app, mem still hold as cached
mem and not all mem return as free mem.

And  if there is request from kernel space ( from some driver module ,
kmalloc or kalloc ), it seems its not going through and request failing.

Any idea ? is that generic behavior of android ?

--
Thanks