Thanks Mario....

Yes, I wrote it wrong ... should have been AudioTrack.write().
That idea came to my mind a couple of hours ago. Since AudioTrack set
as stream will only start playing as the buffer gets full, write()
could block if the buffer is still full.

To test it, I have created AudioTrack with an internal buffer a lot
bigger than the one I used to read and write. This way my app should
take longer to start playing and get a pretty big delay, but the audio
should not chop nor present any artfacts.

The result I got was the same, but based on that I will try it again.

One other thing that comes to my mind is, once a buffer overflow
happens, AudioRecord handles the problem and reorganize the buffer or
should I flush it and start from 0?