Kevin,

Can you tell me if you're a legal advisor, because your understanding
of copyright/trademark seems to differ from mine so I'd like to know
if I've got things wrong.

As far as I'm aware copyright requires using actual material lifted
from their app (e.g. graphics, reverse engineered source code, etc.),
or reproduction of something to a level that's indistinguishable to an
average person (i.e. parts or the whole look exactly the same, not
just similar, but exactly the same).

As for trademarks, these tend to only cover brand names and logos/
images. So you can't, for example, trademark a game, but you can apply
for a trademark on its' name and/or it's logo.

But as I've said before, I'm no legal advisor, so if you are a
clarification of these definitions would be great.

Al.