Hi, I am trying to install a apk file by starting Intent.ACTION_VIEW
but in 1.6 and lower I see the initial install screen but on clicking
on 'install' nothing happens. This works fine on N1... anyone else
expereinced this? Am I doing somethig wrong?

String fileName = Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory() + "/
myApp.apk";
Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
intent.setDataAndType(Uri.fromFile(new File(fileName)), "application/
vnd.android.package-archive");
startActivity(intent);

I also have <uses-permission
android:name="android.permission.INSTALL_PACKAGES"></uses-permission>
in my manifest file.

Any pointers?