<<I think onPause is called.  It will be hard to only close your
activity in response to Home key presses, but I think you can get it
to call finish in all cases where the Home button is pressed.>>

The Home Button is not interpreted by the application ,so it is not possible
for the app to call the finish on click of Home.The Home Button is basically
designed for the user to goto the phone's desktop(which the user is
familiar).