David,

Why would you want to save the image in the sqLite database?  I feel
like you are using up an unnessary amount of valuable storage space on
the device.  Wouldn't a better solution be to save the image to the SD
card and only save the location of the image to the database?

Creator of My College Life
http://mycollegelife.org