On Apr 9, 8:02 pm, mike <enervat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/09/2010 11:52 AM, Matt Kanninen wrote:
>
> > I've been using Sidewiki, it's an easy way to comment on problems with
> > documentation, it's almost as good as directly fixing the docs myself.
>
> In principle, is there any reason why this has to be a google-sponsored
> thing? Couldn't you essentially "frame" the doc content tree and overlay
> a comments section?

No, but I don't think it will get much use if it isn't. You could use
frames (essentially the same as sidewiki), but a better approach might
be to modify javadoc to add a comments section to each documentation
icon and regenerate the docs using that. This actually looks fairly
easy. We need some kind of comments server, and to modify the
'standard doclet':

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/javadoc/standard-doclet.html

to add some javascript to each item.