Now a user was nice enough to run some commands for me. It seems that the
database is there and is not corrupt:

# ls -l /data/data/com.newsrob/databases
ls -l /data/data/com.newsrob/databases

-rw-rw---- app_108  app_108     16384 2010-04-11 13:12 webview.db
-rw-rw---- app_108  app_108      6144 2010-04-11 13:12 webviewCache.db
-rw-rw---- app_108  app_108    277504 2010-04-11 16:38 newsrob.db

And with sqlite3 from the command line:

select count(*) from entries;
51

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 9:10 AM, Mariano Kamp <mariano.k...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Yes, that worked for me too. Actually re-installing the apps on the users'
phones alone was enough.

But this is just dealing with the symptoms and would've liked to know why
the OS updates break apps and if there are any counter measures the
developer can do?

And also meanwhile I got more than 50 of those issues (for a 65.000 active
installs app) and it really takes away from my time to work on my app.

As it seems that the Android OS developers don't chimp with enlightenment in
here I will automate the workaround then and let the user know that this
issue was caused by the OS updated and he should re-install my app and
potentially others.

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Walter <androidremotecont...@gmail.com>