On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:44 PM, nubh.bhargava <nubh.bharg...@gmail.com>wrote:

> How to validate the data in EditText, i.e. on the time of input. I hope now
> you get it what I mean to say for e.g.
>
> we are entering the value of some email id, the validation is required in
> the login id of the person that he/she doesnt use a special char or there
> is @ mark and there is '.' present.
>
> So how we can provide this type of check in Android.

Yes, I get what you mean now. I hope you see the difference in clarity in
this post versus your original post. Notice you  got a quick reply from
Kumar once you added more detail and an example to your post.

To add to what Kumar said, there's nothing special in Android regarding data
validation, this is up to you. You would validate exactly as you have
described: check that the user input has an @ and a '.' and provide some
error dialog and cancel the login operation if it does not.