>>Rokon got 60fps and my app just 55fps in average.
I tried drawTexfOES for backgrounds in Rokon and got 200+ fps with 4
or 5 alpha-blended layers on Droid, around 100-120 on G1. I also used
it in a 3D game I wrote from scratch and there was a noticeable
performance boost compared to quads.

>>Canvas faster than OpenGL way. Why? Did anybody test it on the other device?
I can assure you that Canvas performance is terrible on both G1 and
Droid (since 2.1) I own, and most devices out there.