Jeremiah Sellars wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm currently only testing things in an emulator due to not having an
> Android device as of yet. I'm honestly holding out for some of the new
> 1 Ghz machines to come out and do some comparisons. Anyway, I would
> imagine one would easily be able to make whatever folders they choose
> on an sd card, but on the emulated one, I can only seem to push entire
> folder contents or single files to the root. The adb help doesn't
> appear to have a command to make a folder.
>
> Is this not possible, or am I just missing something?

To create a directory on the SD card in the emulator, run:

adb shell "mkdir /sdcard/HereIsMyDirectory"

(substituting in whatever name you want)

Or, just run:

adb shell

to give you a limited Linux shell where you can mkdir, ls, and such as
needed.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in US: 14-18 June 2010: http://bignerdranch.com