Hi All!
I have an AutoCompleteTextView which the user can enter a name of an
airport.
the suggestion strings looks like this (for example):

John F. Kennedy (JFK)
New York, United States

I'm using an ArrayAdapter<String> (following the examples in Android
documentation) and when I construct it, I provide a List<String> which
have items of the sort of:
"<airportName> (<airportCode>)/n<airportCity>, <airportCountry>"

the list size is 4,244.
my problem is that I'm getting a very poor performance from the view.
I'm talking 5-7 seconds after the user entering a letter (I set
threshold to '1').

also my problem is that I want the search to be a regular expression -
i.e., not having the user write the initial letter of the airport name
but any characters sequence that exist in the string. does the view
support that?

thanks!
Ori