ani wrote:
"obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?)"
This happens because the audioflinger thread has not read the data
from the driver and did not signal the lock causing this logs to come.
This happens because your driver is having some bug not because of
android framework.

Well, the app isn't mine (wish it was, though), I'm just a (mostly) happy user/player - I've cc:d Nikolay.

The audioflinger thread trace may just be a symptom, but the fact still stands that on my 2.0.1 Milestone this happens at least once a week while playing Bebbled and IMHO, the Android framework should try very hard not to let an app cause a reboot, don't you agree? I would have expected an ANR dialog, but it just about never occurs (think I've seen it twice so far, during the short "slow" phase rather than the "hang" situation).

Note: I run vanilla 2.0.1, no root or anything or I wouldn't have mentioned this at all.

I know 2.1 is on its way out for Milestone, so with a bit of luck this will not happen after the upgrade.

                        Best / Jonas