Gabriel Simões wrote:
> In resume, should I have all those layouts to support all the
> devices?
>
> /res/layout-normal-mdpi
> /res/layout-normal-hdpi
> /res/layout-normal-ldpi
> /res/layout-large-mdpi
> /res/layout-small-ldpi

That is impossible to answer in the abstract. For example, I have
written production applications (under contract and NDA, natch) that
have had just res/layout/ and have worked fine on all screen sizes.

I serialized part of a chapter on this topic, from one of my books, on
AndroidGuys, if it helps:

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/02/16/handling-multiple-screen-sizes-part/
http://www.androidguys.com/2010/02/18/handling-multiple-screen-sizes-part-2/
http://www.androidguys.com/2010/02/23/handling-multiple-screen-sizes-part-3/
http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/01/handling-multiple-screen-sizes-part-4/
http://www.androidguys.com/2010/03/02/handling-multiple-screen-sizes-part-5/

> Also, I couldn´t find in the link you´ve posted how to create and AVD
> which simulates a Large Screen Medium Density device. Would it be a
> WVGA skin, density = 160?

Yes. The table on the Supporting Multiple Screens page shows how density
and resolution give you size. WVGA by default comes up high density, and
hence normal size. You can change the density in config.ini for the AVD
to be medium density (160), which will give you a large size screen,
since the resolution will not be changing.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in NYC: 4-6 June 2010: http://guruloft.com