Hi,

we have an XML file placed in the res/xml folder containing our preferences.

Is it possible at runtime to add new items to the preferences.

Example:

The user starts the app and the preferences consists of:

America

- New York
- Los Angeles
- Chicago

Where all the cities are CheckBoxPreferences.

Then the user performs some actions in the application and this triggers
that two new cities are added to the preferences:

America

- New York
- Los Angeles
- Chicago
- Seatlle
- Washington

We have tried to place the XML file with the preferences in the assets
directory, but from there we can't get the preferences into Android
Preferences (like we do when the file is placed in the res/xml directory).

Anyone that know if it possible at all and how to do it?

thanks,

Lars