Mark wrote:
> Any examples out there on getting the service to android. I found one but it
> didn't work with a simple hello world web service

I am not quite certain what you are asking, so here's a firehose...

Android offers two HTTP access options. One is the standard Java
HttpUrlConnection and kin. This has been around for a decade-plus. Here
are some examples of its use:

http://exampledepot.com/taxonomy/term/187
http://exampledepot.com/taxonomy/term/191

Android also has Apache HttpClient 4.x as part of the SDK. This has its
own Web site:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/

with its own examples:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client/examples.html

The primary Android-specific thing is to add the INTERNET permission to
your manifest.

Here is a sample Android project for retrieving weather forecasts from
the US National Weather Service, using HttpClient:

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-android/tree/master/Service/WeatherPlus/

Here is a sample Twitter client, using HttpClient:

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-andtutorials/tree/master/15-HttpClient/Patchy/

I am fairly certain there are dozens, perhaps hundreds, of other samples
on Google Code, GitHub, and elsewhere.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.0
Available!