Thanks Mark.

To access my preferences outside my PreferenceActivity in another Activity
or a Service can I use PreferenceManager.
getDefaultSharedPreferences() also?

In your code here:

http://github.com/commonsguy/cw-android/blob/master/Prefs/Dialogs/src/com/commonsware/android/prefdialogs/DialogsDemo.java

I see SharedPreferences prefs=PreferenceManager is used, is that correct?
Should I use it like that to retrieve my preferences eslewhere in my
application?