Hello,

I am the developer of OthBase an Othello/Reversi game application for
Android available as a free and paid download.

To my surprise I have received a couple of days ago the following
email:

==========
from: fatty...@gmail.com

Dear Mr. /Ms,

Good day!

This is Kevin from China, my teammates and I have an android community
website-www.91android.com (one of the leading Android community
websites in China), we are hoping to get your authorization to
localize and post your Android application-OthBase on our site.

We are aiming to make our website the No.1 Android community in China
mainland by publishing android news, localized applications, etc.
After hardworking and popularizing for months, we have accumulated
great amount of registers, and have received great attention from
Android fans and media.

Now, we need to get your permission to localize your android
application mentioned above and put it onto our website. What we are
offering is a free service and you can regard our website as a
distribution mechanism (quite like android market, but to distribute
the Chinese version).

We hope and believe that we can both benefit from our cooperation.

1. We can introduce your application to the huge user group in China
mainland.
2. We can attract more attention by publishing the Chinese version of
your application on our website.

If you are interested, or have any questions, please don't hesitate to
let me know. Look forward to your feedbacks and suggestions soon.

Best regards,

Kevin Xue

2009-04-16
fatty228

==========

So I went to their website, done registration and searched for
OthBase. I could find that they are distributing without my agreement
an apk of my application localized in Chinese.

I immediately sent to this person an email to stop distributing my
software but I dont know if he will follow my request.

Another concern is that after getting their apk, I could install it
without any issue on my ADP1 and looking at the manifest I could see
that they have changed the resources and been able to sign all this
again to make it a perfectly viable apk file.

How can this be possible ????

Any suggestion, idea would be very welcome.

Fabrice