I can't get the I-O Android to work with the AT&T data plan. The AT&T
tech support gave me settings that did not work. After several trials
they gave up and told me to get tech support from HTC, who
manufactures the phone. The HTC tech support gave me a configuration
slightly different from the what the AT&T people told me, but also did
not work.

So I am at a loss. Any help greatly appreciated.

The AT&T people told me to configure the APN as:
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username: = w...@cingulargprs.com
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank

The HTC People told me to configure as follows:
Name: Media Net
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: 9201