On Saturday, March 2, 2013 2:32:23 PM UTC-6, John Coryat wrote:

> >> it sounds like the bug on your side (no offense and sorry if I
> misunderstood the problem)...
>
> The problem isn't our app, it's the state of Android introductory
> orientation. If users don't know how to properly end apps, then they can
> run into all kinds of problems. Case in point are task killers. Perhaps the
> reason these are so popular is that their users just don't know what the
> back key is for.
>
> -John Coryat

Where does it state in developer documentation that the back button is
supposed to end a program?  I don't see what it has to do with Android
introductory orientation, especially when  that is not even the way
Google's apps function.  Try to use back in Gmail sometime - You'll get a
headache cycling through the last twenty emails you read.  The best Google
could provide for an "introductory orientation" would be to say "If you
download an app, we have no idea what the back button will do half of the
time.  We haven't even figured out what we think it should do yet.  Push it
inside of an application and find out!  Don't you like a surprise?"